Test Specialist (Nightshift)
The QA Testing Specialist Works with the Test Team to Develop Testing Strategies.
The QA Testing Specialist works with the test team to develop testing strategies and devise test plans in order to ensure that applications meet business requirements and maintain high quality standards. The QA Testing Specialist provides hands on participation and oversight of testing activities tasks and resources needed to ensure the testing process meets software requirements prior to release into a live environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The QA Specialist may specialize in a specific area of the testing process such as business process testing, test automation, performance testing, testing process, test environments, test data provisioning etc. and in any relevant tools.
• Drive the ‘hands on’ execution of the test strategy and plan, including the test preparation, execution, analysis and reporting activities. Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Provide product expertise to drive and support the testing approach
• Develop and implement technical solutions for the testing process, like test automation, performance testing or test data provisioning
• Review and implement test process improvement. The QA Specialist/Analyst will work alongside various project stakeholders to ensure that specific streams of work are progressing, provide guidance by example and act as an escalation point for the testing approach.
• Implements or contributes to automation/performance test strategies.
• Defines or contributes to test effort estimation based on experience, tools and historical data.
• Maintains best practices in specialist area.
• Creates test data, writing and executing of test cases.
• Ensures that test packs are maintained and have incorporated any specific tests that have been identified following a production incident.
• Ensures that test risks and issues are recorded and escalated as appropriate.
• Leads the effort to document and maintain project documentation and communicate results.
• Ensures the timely reporting and classification of defects.
• Ensures adherence to testing best practices and Amber’s testing standards.
• Provides mentoring to team members.
• Takes ownership for own development and career management, seeking opportunities to
develop personal capability and improve performance contribution.
The QA Test Specialist should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve quality of processes.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance testing effectiveness.
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Technology knowledge and expertise.
• QA experience as a tester or similar of 2+ years
• Experience of building out technical testing solutions adhering to frameworks and standards.
• Experience of providing input into technical frameworks and strategies.
• Understanding of testing across the full Software Development lifecycle.
• Customer and service orientation to support interaction with team resources and clients.
• Performance and productivity oriented to drive toward quality testing outcomes and results.
• Proactively, initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of people and achieve results.
What We Offer
• An attractive salary along with meal tickets
• Medical Services Package
• Professional and friendly working environment
• Relaxation areas with all sorts of activities
• Amber is a game development and creative services agency, primed to revolutionize creative industries by offering a full range of turn-key software development and live service solutions. The company maintains four service pillars, including product development, co-development, platform conversion and development support.
• Established in 2013, Amber has over 250 staff in its development center and the executive team has more than 500 years of professional experience from some of the games industry’s best and brightest companies including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Gameloft, Bandai Namco, Disney and others.
• Amber is an employee-owned company headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. Follow us on LinkedIn, like us on Facebook, or learn more at www.amberstudio.com.
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org.