Technical Director – Studio
Amber Is Looking for a Talented Technical Director to Join our Mobile Game Development Team.
The ideal person will be a good communicator, well organized, with a solid understanding of current mobile technologies and game development pipelines.
• Define and own the long-term technical roadmap for our mobile development group, based on business requirements
• Collaborate with our development team, offer technical leadership, guidance, and support
• Suggest and implement processes and tools that will help organize the engineering team; always think about how we can do better, improve our tech and workflows, and have high quality, reliable products
• Act as a communication bridge between tech, design, and production
• Collaborate with project managers towards a successful product; identify and assesses technical risks and opportunities which might come up during the development process
• Mentor engineers on the team, assist in their career development and performance conversations
• Keep up to date on new technologies, either hardware or software, and industry trends
• Conduct interviews and evaluate candidates for technical positions
• Provide technical expertise in design, programming, debugging, optimization
Experience and Qualifications
• Experience in technical leadership for multiple game development teams
• Strong programming skills coupled with demonstrable architecture / design abilities
• Solid knowledge of the game development life cycle
• Experience in modern mobile game development, including Live Ops processes and scalable backend technology
• Solid knowledge of current mobile game technologies, for example Unity, Playfab, Photon, analytics frameworks
• Strong ability to collaborate with product development leadership, including Production, Design, Art, QA and others
Highly Desirable Extras
• Experience in overseeing development for multi-product frameworks / game engines
• Practical experience in implementing full-stack game components (backend to client, end-to-end)
• Experience in supporting a long-term live product – launch planning, risk mitigation, scalability plan, etc.
• A mindset for enabling developers to create content by building new systems, core technology, and tools
• Ability and passion for working with people
• A passion for delivering quality, stable and polished software
• An overall passion for mobile games and devices
• Open and honest approach to challenges
• A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• An attractive salary along with meal tickets
• Medical Services Package
• Professional and friendly working environment
• Relaxation areas with all sorts of activities
• Amber is a game development and creative services agency, primed to revolutionize creative industries by offering a full range of turn-key software development and live service solutions. The company maintains four service pillars, including product development, co-development, platform conversion and development support.
• Established in 2013, Amber has over 250 staff in its development center and the executive team has more than 500 years of professional experience from some of the games industry’s best and brightest companies including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Gameloft, Bandai Namco, Disney and others.
• Amber is an employee-owned company headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. Follow us on LinkedIn, like us on Facebook, or learn more at www.amberstudio.com.
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org.