If You Are an Ingenious Server Engineer Who Likes to Be Part of an Environment where Things Move Quickly and Performance Is of Great Importance, then Amber Is Your Place!
You will enjoy here a fresh and dynamic team where your ideas will be equally valued as your programming expertise.
• Work with a small team of engineers, artists, and designers to build compelling mobile video games
• Collaborate in defining server strategy and architecture for our games
• Create and implement deployment strategies
• Develop back-end solutions that can work with a high number of concurrent users and maintain fast response times
• Design, develop, and deploy backend features and APIs for our games
• Server API design, performance profiling and optimization
• Constant testing, monitoring and tuning to keep our game services performant and available
• Document system specifications, including requirements gathering
Experience and Qualifications
• Strong programming skills coupled with demonstrable architecture / design abilities.
• Proficient with scalable server-side programming (concurrency / synchronization and distributed systems).
• Deep knowledge of database design and optimization.
• Strong knowledge of cloud computing services like AWS, Azure or similar.
• Strong practical knowledge of current server technologies like REST, SOAP or similar.
• Experience in metrics / monitoring and performance optimization.
• Strong knowledge of at least one mainstream server programming language – Java, C#, Python etc.
Highly desirable extras
• Experience with development on mobile platforms and for a high number of concurrent users
• Familiarity with Mobile specific tech (In-App Purchasing, Push Notifications, telemetry)
• Practical experience with the lifecycle of a user query, from request to an API endpoint, up to updating cold storages reliably and consistently
• Experience in collaborating with client-side engineers and implementing full-stack features (backend to client, end-to-end)
• Worked in Agile development teams (Scrum, etc.)
• A passion for delivering quality, stable and polished software
• An overall passion for mobile games and devices
• Ability to learn, plan and be organised
• Open and honest approach to challenges
• A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Backend Engineer, C#, Java, Python, Django, Jetty, Flask, REST, Mobile, Database, Hibernate, Spring, Entity Framework, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcache, Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, Azure
What We Offer
• An attractive salary along with meal tickets
• Medical Services Package
• Professional and friendly working environment
• Relaxation areas with all sorts of activities
• Amber is a game development and creative services agency, primed to revolutionize creative industries by offering a full range of turn-key software development and live service solutions. The company maintains four service pillars, including product development, co-development, platform conversion and development support.
• Established in 2013, Amber has over 250 staff in its development center and the executive team has more than 500 years of professional experience from some of the games industry’s best and brightest companies including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Gameloft, Bandai Namco, Disney and others.
• Amber is an employee-owned company headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. Follow us on LinkedIn, like us on Facebook, or learn more at www.amberstudio.com.
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: email@example.com.