Providing a link to your portfolio or demo reel when applying is mandatory. Please make sure you own or have the right to use whatever work you submit with your application.
- Conceptualize, design, and create stunning in-game visual effects (modeling, texturing, animating, lighting, shaders, etc) by using available tools in a real time engine like Unity3D.
- Work collaboratively with game designers and engineers to understand and interpret gameplay requirements to communicate gameplay mechanics to the player within the constraints of the engine.
- Work with the art team to define a consistent style for VFX and to ensure the quality of the assets for all aspects of the project.
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and within the given deadlines.
- Prepare assts for export to the game engine.
- Provide creative and innovative solutions to technical art problems and/or restrictions.
- Help in developing tools and refining pipelines for the art production process, including batching and automatation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience as a in game VFX artist or related job.
- Knowledge and understanding of Unity3D (Unreal Engine is a plus).
- Working experience with Photoshop, 3D applications (Maya, Blender) and particle editors, as well as After Effects or similar programs for pre-visualizing VFX.
- Understand FX workflows and tools with the ability to modify and improve them
- Understand the fundamental animation process, timing and wights to apply on VFX.
- Ability to create original texture sprites and sprite sheets to create particle effects.
- Able to keep content relevant to the current projects’ art style and work within those limitations.
- Knowledge of micro interactions and user feedback.
- Self-motivated, excellent communications skills (both in English and Spanish preferable), and an excellent team-player attitude.
- A diverse portfolio of projects in which you will be involved based on your skill set and desire for professional development
- An ideation team where you can bring your creative ideas which will be equally valued as your artistic expertise
- Great work environment, awesome people to work with
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: email@example.com