Here at Amber, we are self-empowered, entrepreneurial business partners. We love working collectively and helping each other achieve greatness within our games. We constantly learn and improve ourselves because we aim high. If you share our vision, join us!
As a Game Programmer you will be working in cross-functional teams involved in different stages of the development of AAA quality titles.
- Find the best technical solution for each game development challenge
- Write code that is readable, debuggable and easy to maintain
- Actively seek to help your teammates
- Actively participate in planning meetings
- Ensure that all relevant parties are aligned on task specifications
- Help the team improve the quality of their work by eliminating waste from the development process
- Always try to improve the way you do things
- Constantly communicate with your teammates to flag and alleviate risks
- Perform code review
- Write technical design documents
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- +3 years of experience in game development.
- + 3 years of previous experience working with C++
- Proficient in working with Unreal Engine or Custom C++ engines.
- Fair knowledge of individual game engine Components (Rendering, AI, Networking, Navigation, Physics, UI).
- Experience in optimizing for FPS and memory consumption.
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and coding architectural principle.
- Experience in debugging and profiling large code bases.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Shipped at least one PC/Console title
- Good understanding of cross-platform game development
- 3D rendering programming experience (DirectX, Open GL, Vulkan, Gnmx)
- Good understanding of client-server communication & socket based network protocols
- Experience using Unit Test frameworks and Integration Test frameworks
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work-From-Home position for an undetermined period due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Generous flex days and flex hours.
- Vacation time.
- Highly competitive group insurance.
- Tele-Health services.
- Access to training and learning programs.