Are you passionate about video games? Do you want do your best work in an exciting, growing and dynamic environment? Amber Studio is currently seeking a Senior Game Designer!
As a Senior Game Designer on the Amber Creative Core you will lead a creative team in ideating and executing original propositions for game projects for both internal and external clients. Join Amber and use your amazing creative abilities and sharp analytical market insights to pitch multi-million-dollar projects to the biggest game companies in the world!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and share game ideas with designers, developers and artists, and help creatively focus the team to make a great mobile game
- Act as one of the lead game designers of projects
- Review current game designs on a per-project basis
- Mentor other junior members of the team
- Collaborate with the project cross-functional team, to brainstorm, design, implement and balance game experiences
- Keep an eye on industry trends including new game genres and design breakthroughs.
- Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, features and story
- Develop and maintain design documentation, including mechanics, story and guidelines
- Intelligent behavior design, using general game concepts to create inspired and original environments
- Work closely with product managers and producers to design and prototype new gameplay
- Collaborate with the business intelligence departments and create data-driven design solutions
- At least 5 years professional experience as Game Designer having at least 1 mobile title published
- Strong knowledge of Game Design basic rules (gameplay, learning curve, directing, difficulty balancing, pacing, reward, accessibility)
- Able to convey ideas concisely and as part of a detailed analysis, and to clearly formalize complex concepts and ideas
- Able to illustrate and/or prototype your ideas visually using standard industry production tools (Photoshop, Powerpoint, Unity, Unreal, Roblox, Manticore, Blitz, etc.)
- Knowledge of classic console and freemium mobile game market, their flagship titles and their audience
- Knowledge of main KPIs of the video game industry
- Good experience of freemium video games for mobile
- Excellent level of English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of UX design concepts and processes
- And above all, motivation and a passion for video games!
- A diverse portfolio of worldwide games to work on
- An ideation team where you can bring your creative ideas which will be equally valued as your artistic expertise
- Professional and friendly work environment where you can make a difference
- Access to training and learning programs
Amber is a game development agency built by a collective of artisans residing in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Bucharest, Botosani, Guadalajara and Montreal, which delivers a reference solution for creative work in interactive entertainment. The agency offers a full range of turn-key product development solutions, including concept-to-delivery game production, live operations, co-development and studio services. Amber is structured as a network of studios with different specializations, which retains over 600 staff around the world. Established in 2013, the agency earned the trust of some of most important players in the games space, such Disney, NBC Universal, Paradox, Rovio, That Game Company, and Raw Fury, among many others.
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org