This is a key role that involves a high level of interaction with project team members across all disciplines, external clients / partners and internal Amber leadership. The Product Manager is responsible for auditing free-to-play game metrics and coming up with solutions to optimize the game in key areas of acquisition, engagement, and monetization. Right out of the gate you’ll be making an impact on several of current and to-be-released mobile game titles with AAA publishers. You will use product data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest areas and methods of improving operations and revenue. You will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of product business intelligence goals and objectives for products. This position will work closely with the Head of Business Intelligence, Head of Product Development, Head of Business Development, and other cross-functional product teams within Amber to understand and deliver against Amber strategic goals and product initiatives.
- Work with Head of Business Intelligence, internal and external stakeholders to define and maintain our long-term product management strategy and objectives;
- Work closely with the Game Producer and game development team in different phases of the product lifecycle, to define the monetization strategy and features;
- Work with the data analysts to evaluate current product KPIs, optimization strategies and propose new ways to maximize game revenue;
- Work with Publishers and other external development partners to align on product roadmap, provide visibility and insight into product performance;
- Oversee the LiveOps and game service strategy for each product; collaborate with the product team to determine and analyze key success metrics, and rigorously test and optimize for them to achieve revenue goals;
- Identify, evaluate, and track other key companies and products in our industry. Collect and analyze market data to provide benchmarks for comparison purposes;
- Drive business forecasting considering product performance and market comparisons;
- Develop strategic plan around User Engagement, Acquisition & Monetization;
- Be accountable for state of economy of the games in your portfolio;
- Facilitate communication, organization and accountability across the BI team to ensure product goals are met;
- Excellent English oral/written communication and collaboration skills
- Provides reports and creates comprehensive dashboards for internal/external stakeholders.
Competencies & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the video games industry; minimum 2 years experience managing free-to-play online and/or mobile games, with a focus on BI, analytics and monetization;
- Solid knowledge of mobile games and the free-to-play market;
- Strong knowledge of statistics and data modeling skills (Excel);
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong project and people management skills;
- Able to work independently, creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success
- Excellent English oral/written communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to present complicated analytical material in a concise and compelling manner;
- Ability to translate key learning and insights into actionable business strategies;
- Ability to manage expectations appropriately while coordinating, planning, and meeting deadlines for deliverables in a fast-paced environment where projects span across teams;
- Technical familiarity with the aspects of F2P mobile content development, service-based client/server tech, and social/virtual economies;
- Passion and considerable experience playing games, deep knowledge of free-to-play mobile games and systems;
- Bachelor’s degree – preferred in Marketing, Economics or Business a related field (MBA is a plus).
- Adaptability and ability to collaborate and lead a mildly distributed team
- Enjoys an interactive and agile work environment and collaborates well with various work styles
- Creative and sharp business sense with exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments
- Demonstrates proactive decision making and ownership
- Love of numbers and min/maxing values to drive exponential value
What we offer:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
Amber is a game development agency built by a collective of artisans residing in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Bucharest, Botosani and Guadalajara, which delivers a reference solution for creative work in interactive entertainment. The agency offers a full range of turn-key product development solutions, including concept-to-delivery game production, live operations, co-development and studio services. Amber is structured as a network of studios with different specializations, which retains over 450 staff around the world. Established in 2013, the agency earned the trust of some of most important players in the games space, such Disney, NBC Universal, Paradox, Rovio, That Game Company, and Raw Fury, among many others.
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org.