This is a key role as you will be responsible for all HR and recruitment activities for Amber Studio in Montreal, reporting to the General Manager and Head of Operations in Montreal and International Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Managing payroll for all employees
- Assisting employees with any People Ops questions or concerns they may have
- Participating in the well-being of all employees, which may include team building activities
- Preparing and updating People Ops documentation, policies, and processes
- Maintaining and updating the employee database and tracking employee vacations, end of probation, end of work permit
- Keeping up to date with any official labor law and workplace requirements applicable in the province of Quebec and/or Canada
- Recruiting of new talents, including the triage, contact and interview of candidates
- With legal support, preparing work permit documents and process for non-Canadian workers
- Building and maintaining a strong candidate base to meet upcoming project needs, with start date that may change
- Participating in employment fairs and other recruitment events
- Preparing, posting, maintaining, updating and monitoring job offers on various sites
- Planning and coordinating the orientation and onboarding of new hires, assisting them for a smooth integration within the team
- Preparing contracts and other documents for new hires
- Working closely with the group insurance benefits manager
- Assisting the Head of Production and General Manager with any other People Ops or administrative tasks
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Curiosity, willingness to learn and collaborate
- Experience in talent recruiting and/or HR or People Ops Generalist within the video game industry
- Excellent English and French communication skills
- Knowledge of Quebec (and Canada) employment laws
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand and adapt to frequent changes within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Attention to details
- Ability to understand business needs and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full time position: 40 hours per week, from Monday to Friday
- 4 weeks of vacations
- Work-From-Home position for an undetermined period due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package
- Highly competitive insurance plan : 90% reimbursement with high caps for massage, physio, psychologist, etc.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.