Our ideal candidate would have experience leading a team and collaborating with senior leadership in directing an art department.
As Art Director for one of our new upcoming PC/Console original IP you are responsible for developing and leading our art team to help establish art direction and set benchmarks.
Responsibilities and Requisites
Creates the artistic vision of the game and provides direction to realize that vision including:
- Evangelizing the vision;
- Providing feedback and art critique;
- Defining visual targets and style guides;
- Collaborating with leadership to drive all artwork.
Able to produce artwork in multiple styles via expert knowledge of visual language and themes to provide directional benchmarks for the whole team
Evaluates, hires, and manages all art disciplines and third parties/outsource. Develops leadership and empowers the team by sharing ownership and autonomy. Uses experience to help with scoping and risk management on projects
Oversees the production of art tools, production pipelines, content creation. Has the technical knowledge required to realize the artistic vision. Identifies new tools and evaluates competing products for suitability/cost/use/etc. Has a thorough and broad technical understanding of assets and best practices.
- You lead and direct a team of artists of one of our new upcoming PC/Console original IP in an international development team;
- Heavily involved in every stage of a game’s development cycle being responsible for the highest quality art for the product (2D, 3D, animations);
- Through pre-production, leads the creation of storyboards, logos, user interfaces, character design, environments and all other visual material and concepts;
- As keeper of the art vision for the game, you align product needs with visual style to create an exciting game experience for millions of players;
- You work closely together with the product owner, programmers, game designers and other internal stakeholders;
- Motivates the team, keeping artists focused, and efficiently devises solutions to mitigate art product risks;
- You play the key role in the team being able to ship the game and its updates in time and in quality;
- Furthermore, you are responsible for coordinating art outsourcing partners.
- A minimum of 1-year prior experience as a lead artist on an art team;
- At least 5 years hands-on experience on games, ideally from scratch;
- Strong knowledge in building design or environment art, as well as different art-styles, techniques, and workflows in game development;
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of asset creation including modeling, texturing, animation, sprite production, UI and VFX;
- Strong communication and leadership skills combined with a start-up mentality, strong determination and ownership for the product;
- Fluent English language skills;
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a big plus.
Required Application Materials:
- Reel or Portfolio demonstrating technical skills
What we offer:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference;
- Professional and friendly work environment;
- An attractive salary package;
- Awesome and talented colleagues;
- Support from all your teammates;
- Access to training and learning programs.
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: email@example.com.
Amber is primed to support creative industries by offering a full range of turn-key product development and live service solutions. The company maintains four service pillars: game development, live operations, custom engineering and development support. Established in 2013, Amber is Romania’s largest independent game developer. It has over 400 staff in its studio and its team hails from some of the games industry’s leading companies, including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Gameloft, King, Bandai Namco, Disney and others. The company is headquartered in Bucharest, with outposts in Botosani, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Guadalajara.