Are you passionate about video games and mobile games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young, and dynamic environment? Amber Studio is currently seeking a Mobile Game Designer! As a Mobile Game Designer you will be offering to your team creative propositions in design and implementation of gameplay mechanics and features.
- Generate and share game ideas with designers, developers, and artists, and help creatively focus the team to make a great mobile game.
- Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, features and story.
- Review current game designs on a per project basis.
- Mentor junior members of the team and take over parts of the Game Design when applicable.
- Collaborate with the project cross functional team, to brainstorm, design, implement and balance game experiences.
- Keep an eye on industry trends including new game genres and design breakthroughs.
- Develop and maintain design documentation, including mechanics, story and guidelines.
- Intelligent behavior design, using general game concepts to create inspired and original environments.
- Work closely with product managers and producers to design and prototype new gameplay.
- Collaborate with the business intelligence departments and create data-driven design solutions.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience as Mobile Game Designer having at least 1 mobile title published.
- Strong knowledge of Game Design basic rules (gameplay, learning curve, directing, difficulty balancing, pacing, reward, accessibility).
- Able to convey ideas concisely and as part of a detailed analysis, and to clearly formalize complex concepts and ideas.
- Able to illustrate and/or prototype your ideas visually using standard industry production tools (Photoshop, Flash, Powerpoint, 3D Studio Max, Unity, Blitz, etc.).
- Knowledge of classic console and freemium mobile game market, their flagship titles, and their audience.
- Knowledge of main KPIs of the video game industry.
- Good experience of freemium video games for mobile.
- Excellent level of English.
- Excellent presentation skills. And above all, motivation, and a passion for video games!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full time position
- Work-From-Home position for an undetermined period due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.