You will be performing linguistic proofreading and testing on various game titles on mobile (iOS and Android), PC and eventually console.
About the role:
- Testing video game titles and verifying all text, images and voice-over components in Castilian Spanish
- Finding translation, contextual, cultural and other linguistic errors in video game titles
- Reporting errors in a bug tracking database and/or translation document in a clear manner
- Providing suggestions for errors reported to improve the linguistic and translated content
- Following and respecting terminology guidelines
- Working in a multilingual team of Localization QA Testers
- Cross-checking issues between different languages with and as a team
- Reporting to and following instructions from the Test Lead
- Addressing and escalating problems to the Test Lead
- Helping train and integrate new Localization QA Testers joining the team
- Assist the Test Lead with other tasks when needed
What we are searching for:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a Localization QA tester within the video game industry
- Experience using mobile, PC and console devices and knowledge about their terminology
- Native-level language skills in Castilian Spanish
- Excellent level of English
- Passion for video games
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent organization skills to do the work efficiently and respect deadlines
- Strong sense of responsibility and being proactive
- Understanding of business needs and pressures in relation to localization testing operations
- French communication skills are an asset
What we offer:
- On Call/ part time position
- Work-From-Home position for an undetermined period due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
Want to apply?
Send us your application here: careers_mtl[at]amberstudio.com
Amber is primed to support creative industries by offering a full range of turn-key product development and live service solutions. The company maintains four service pillars: game development, live operations, custom engineering and development support. Established in 2013, Amber is Romania’s largest independent game developer. It has over 400 staff in its studio and its team hails from some of the games industry’s leading companies, including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Gameloft, King, Bandai Namco, Disney and others. The company is headquartered in Bucharest, with outposts in Botosani, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Guadalajara.