You will be performing linguistic proofreading and testing on various game titles on mobile (iOS and Android), PC and eventually console.
About the role:
- Testing video game titles and verifying all text, images and voice-over components in Brazilian Portuguese
- Finding translation, contextual, cultural and other linguistic errors in video game titles
- Reporting errors in a bug tracking database and/or translation document in a clear manner
- Providing suggestions for errors reported to improve the linguistic and translated content
- Following and respecting terminology guidelines
- Working in a multilingual team of Localization QA Testers
- Cross-checking issues between different languages with and as a team
- Reporting to and following instructions from the Test Lead
- Addressing and escalating problems to the Test Lead
- Helping train and integrate new Localization QA Testers joining the team
- Assist the Test Lead with other tasks when needed
What we are searching for:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a Localization QA tester within the video game industry
- Experience using mobile, PC and console devices and knowledge about their terminology
- Native-level language skills in Brazilian Portuguese
- Excellent level of English
- Passion for video games
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent organization skills to do the work efficiently and respect deadlines
- Strong sense of responsibility and being proactive
- Understanding of business needs and pressures in relation to localization testing operations
- French communication skills are an asset
What we offer:
- Work-From-Home position for an undetermined period due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Generous flex days and flex hours.
- Vacation time.
- Highly competitive group insurance.
- Tele-Health services.
- Access to training and learning programs.