- Create immersive gameplay scenarios that support and enhance the core mechanics and the creative vision of the game.
- Ideate, own and adapt your levels from concept to final polish
- Help fine-tune game balancing, pacing, and feeling throughout your levels.
- Ensure a memorable experience throughout your levels where form follows function through close collaboration with your peers.
- Collaborate with Game Designers to define and tweak game mechanics.
- As the project progresses, integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, AI, sound, etc)
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game and its levels.
- Review features (and events) and provide insights on balance, structure, and strategy, using a mix of data and player feedback to test and iterate on live features and new game content.
- Research relevant video games through play, market research materials, critique, and financial reporting.
- Locate and fix bugs in both your own and your colleague’s work
- Support the Design team in any ad hoc tasks and duties
- ability create and update level design documents
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS –
- Ability to quickly learn content pipeline and toolset and drive to become a subject matter expert.
- 2D game & level design sensibilities.
- Ability to adapt to changing workflows and tools.
- Positive CAN-DO attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives.
- Ability to provide constructive and easy-to-understand feedback to any team member.
- You are open to receiving feedback.
- Passion, enthusiasm and openness to learn.
- Deep understanding of what makes a game fun. Ability to explain your reasoning to others.
- The ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games.
- Strong understanding of what makes the gameplay experience last and gets the player to return to a game.
- Any experience within the level design discipline is a plus but specially experience in casual games
- Fluency in english both spoken and written
Knowledge and passion for all games:
- A Passion for all types of games and platforms, including F2P Mobile games.
- Knowledge of all types of markets and platforms (i.e.: Mobile games in Asia, Top Steam games, trending Nintendo games, etc.…).
- You play both mobile F2P and Paid games (mobile/console/pc) on a regular basis.
- Ready to explore any given game genre at any time as per the requirement.
You can find out more about us HERE.
WANT TO APPLY TO THIS AWESOME JOB?
Send us your application here: email@example.com