Play With Fire is the newest studio in Romania, part of Amber’s family, and we are currently growing our team to lead development on an unannounced new Multi-Player IP on PC and Next-gen Consoles.
Even though we are based in Romania we are all English speakers, and we are more than happy to welcome you aboard fully remote.
In this work from home era, we have found increasing success working with partners from a wide variety of disciplines. We believe that a talented, autonomous, Lead Game Designer can help us create this new and exciting game, help us identify meaningful mechanics and work with other discipline leads to give life to a compelling world and user experience.
In this role in particular, we are flexible and can accommodate candidates that work outside of Romania, so anyone who has the experience and is able to work comfortably in a remote environment on our schedule will be considered.
The successful candidate will be a senior game designer, with a deep passion for games and player emotional journey.
You will create exciting scenarios that support core gameplay and the creative vision of the game, oversee the design team, and collaborate with level design team and Art/Animation teams to create a quality game and exceptional player experience.
Candidates must have a passion for creating player-oriented mechanics and use emotional design for a player-centric approach throughout the entire game design process. Your role has a major emphasis on people management, creativity, communication, problem solving and mitigation.
The ideal candidate has a good amount of experience leading design teams on a large game and has the ability to craft both linear and open world experiences. The role requires prior experience with modern game platforms such as PS4, Xbox One or Windows.
- Plan, detail, and directly supervise the work of Game Designers with the goal of developing and delivering a new game of exceptional quality
- Work closely with the Game Director & Creative Director and understand the player’s needs and ensure the entire team is working towards creating an engaging player experience
- Establish priorities for the Game Design team that fits the project goals and timeline
- Constantly communicate with the game design team about strategies and objectives related to the project
- Spearhead new features from concept to final gameplay implementation
- Lead, develop and grow the design team, increase their capabilities and productivity
- Actively participate in recruitment of future team members
- Create a positive work environment that will impact team motivation and performance
- Eight or more years of experience in game development
- Five or more years of experience in AAA modern console games
- At least one shipped modern console or PC title in the Lead Game Designer role
- Ability to communicate your designs and vision to colleagues from different professional backgrounds
- Solution oriented and problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs
- Organized leader who can structure and plan their own work and guide planning and goals for their team
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams and individuals and both give and receive constructive feedback and criticism
- Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations.
- Strong interest in single player and multiplayer games with an understanding of how emotions are conveyed
- Passionate about making games and creating unique player experiences through gameplay
- Strong desire to find out about what is new in the industry and consider how that would impact the project’s development
- Desire to mentor game designers and build a creative, high-quality design culture.
- Experience with remote working
- Candidates should be residing in the EU
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience designing titles for PS4 and Xbox One, PC
- Shipped at least one AAA title created with Unreal Engine
- Experience with single player and multiplayer titles
- Education or work experience in designing unique mechanics that have an emotional impact on players
- Familiarity with other areas of game development (engineering, art)
What we Offer:
- Work-From-Home position for an undetermined period due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Generous flex days and flex hours.
- Vacation time.
- Highly competitive group insurance.
- Tele-Health services.
- Access to training and learning programs.
WANT TO APPLY TO THIS AWESOME JOB?
Send us your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org