Amber is looking for a passionate and experienced International Head of Production who will nurture and grow our Production organization, leading to healthy and efficient teams delivering world class products. This is a key role that involves a high level of interaction with project leaders across all disciplines and internal Amber leadership around the world.
The Head of Production is responsible for driving, growing and nurturing the Production Guild within Amber, by promoting and sharing best practices, mentoring the Production organization, exploring and evolving methodologies to fit our projects and clients, overseeing the cultural alignment of the Production team and ensuring the high-quality standard of Production processes and deliverables. Right out of the gate you’ll be making an impact on existing or to-be-released game titles with AAA publishers.
This position will work closely with the Head of Product Development, Head of Studios, and other cross-functional product teams within Amber to understand and deliver against Amber strategic goals and product initiatives.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation, pushing the product teams to meet or exceed the experiences and production values on their products.
- Coach and mentor our Production team and helping develop our organization’s infrastructure
- Develop and evangelize the standards for both game development process across the organization
- Establishing and developing best practices with the product teams
- Working with other discipline guild leads to deliver against product and team strategy at an organizational level
- Research emerging discipline skills and techniques in the Production field and use them to expand the Production guild capabilities.
- Work with Amber executives to develop a strategy and roadmap for product development that aligns with the division’s business goals.
- Ensure that the product team owns and drives a cohesive vision for their respective products
- Systematically improve the quality of our products and delivery times across all studios
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years of experience in a Production position, covering various game genres and platforms
- At least 3 titles in portfolio, from inception to completion
- Experience in leading multiple multidisciplinary teams
- Expert knowledge of game industry, market trends, project management methodologies, organizational and people management
- Experience working with international teams is a plus
- Excellent level of English and French
- Servant leader
- Altruist personality, constantly seeking to help others
- Self-motivated and passionate about work
- Demonstrates proactive decision making, ownership and high initiative
- Strong analytical thinker
- Enjoys an interactive and agile work environment and collaborates well with various work styles
- Creative and sharp business sense with exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments
- Must be creative with a unique approach to persistent problems, adding value to existing products and deriving positives from negatives.
- Must be able to take charge of any situation, exerting a dominant vision and encouraging others to support that vision.
- Must have exceptional communication skills and be able to bridge the gap between the business and creative sides of the division.
- Must be able to multitask and manage a number of different projects at once.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (English)
- Excellent organizational, people and time-management skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work-From-Home position for an undetermined period due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Generous flex days and flex hours.
- Vacation time.
- Highly competitive group insurance.
- Tele-Health services.
- Access to training and learning programs.