You will be responsible for managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering team and ensuring our projects achieve a high-quality standard. You will be reporting to the Country Engineering Guild Leader.
- Manage and motivate engineers, offering them career guidance and personal development plans.
- Participate in performance management, hiring, and employee onboarding processes.
- Be an example of self-development, interest in technology and people, and an embodiment of our culture.
- Support up to 2 engineering teams developing projects in one of our studios by working with their technical leads and providing guidance and ensuring a high technical standard.
- Review the technical architecture for the projects developed by the engineering teams you are supporting.
- Review and assess the performance of the engineering teams.
- Spread development best practices.
- Help setting up build systems and development metrics.
- Participate in Kaizen processes to improve engineering management best practices.
- Participate in staff allocation to projects.
- Be a technical advisor for the heads of studios.
- Be a technical entrepreneur for your studio / team.
- Participate in pitches and sales process when needed.
What you will not do:
- Code day by day, side by side with the teams – although technical involvement is required.
- Manage the schedule or the prioritization of backlog, although you will advocate the inclusion of technical tasks / best practices in the product backlog.
- Be the technical lead or point of contact for the projects you are supporting.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Servant leadership mindset
- Good understanding of Agile and Lean principles and practices
- Strong game architecture experience
- Strong technical expertise and engineering management expertise
- Strong expertise in engineering best practices
- Strong soft skills and communication skills – both verbal and in writing
- Strong urge to succeed, people orientation, and a strong drive for self-improvement.
- Strong English skills
- Personal interest in people, proven desire to grow yourself and others.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Project management / change management experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.