- Translate the product vision and roadmap into engaging and well-balanced features and systems.
- Help fine-tune game balancing, pacing, and feeling throughout the product life cycle.
- Deliver clear and concise engineering-ready feature design specs.
- Discover opportunities for and conceptualize new game systems, content, and feature improvements.
- Communicate and coordinate with the wider design & development team throughout the development process, iterating on designs, features, and processes until we get it right.
- Review features (and events) and provide insights on balance, structure, and strategy, using a mix of data and player feedback to test and iterate on live features and new game content.
- Prepare reports on relevant games that break down the game’s design, execution, player reception, and commercial success.
- Research relevant video games through play, market research materials, critique, and financial reporting.
- Effectively communicate results and conclusions of research to both creative and non-creative leadership of game teams.
- Assist design directors in gathering needed information or data about game design topics.
- Analyze and improve existing game mechanics and features based on playability, user preferences and trends.
- Create characters, rules, game mechanics, and environments for new games.
- Ability to create and update a GDD.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- You communicate frequently, directly, and clearly; You can convey the intent of any idea.
- Ability to provide constructive and easy-to-understand feedback to any team member.
- You are open to receiving feedback.
- You can create mockups/wireframes to express visual parts of an idea.
Analytical mind and Vision:
- Deep understanding of what makes a game fun. Ability to explain your reasoning to others.
- The ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games.
- Strong understanding of what makes the gameplay experience last and gets the player to return to a game.
- Able to learn and use analysis tools like Excel.
- You are following market trends and, when possible, predict changes before they happen through analysis and research.
Knowledge and passion for all games:
- A Passion for all types of games and platforms, including F2P Mobile games.
- Knowledge of all types of markets and platforms (i.e.: Mobile games in Asia, Top Steam games, trending Nintendo games, etc.…).
- You play both mobile F2P and Paid games (mobile/console/pc) on a regular basis.
- Ready to explore any given game genre at any time as per the requirement.
Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Technical background or being able to code.
- Experience in Excel or any other analysis tool.
- Experience in documenting, modeling, and developing game system designs.
- Strong knowledge of F2P principles, including game economy, monetization, and live ops.
- You have excellent skills in Unity.
- You can prototype your own ideas.
- UE4 Experience is a great plus.
- Knowledge of photoshop, gimp, or any similar tools is a nice plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Easy-to-access headquarter located at Ciudad Creativa Digital.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.