The DevOps Engineer will collaborate with software engineers, system operators and other IT staff members in order to:
- Manage code releases and deployments
- Automate and streamline the infrastructure operations and processes
- Help automate and streamline operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Ensure a best-in-class Live infrastructure, stable and scalable, for Amber’s ongoing projects.
- Participate in the processes of strategic project-planning meetings
- Provide guidance and architectural expertise on system options, risk, impact and costs vs. benefits
- Create and share their operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Own the constant testing, monitoring and tuning to keep our game services performant and available
- Install and configure solutions, implement reusable components and translate technical requirements
- Assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates
- Build automated deployments using configuration management technology
- Deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment
- Make modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer
- Provide direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Routine application maintenance tasks
- Create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance
- Assist with troubleshooting systems-related backend issues, including database, scalability, and other configuration errors
- Evaluate existing applications and platforms
- Give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications
- Collaborate with product owners on technical roadmaps, suggest process and architecture improvements to better serve our userbase and clients
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to convey technical concepts over the telephone
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Attention to deal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and adapt quickly to new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of DevOps experience
- Experience with software deployment in a large-scale environment
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing Disaster Recovery plans
- Ability and experience to understand and consult on enterprise-wide infrastructure
- Significant experience with Linux/Unix administration and moderate to significant experience administering relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Easy-to-access headquarter located at Ciudad Creativa Digital.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs