This is a key role that involves a high level of interaction with project team members across all disciplines, external clients / partners and internal Amber leadership. The Development Director is responsible for driving, growing and nurturing the Project Management group within Amber, by promoting and sharing best practices, mentoring the Project Management organization, exploring and evolving methodologies to fit our projects and clients, overseeing the cultural alignment of the Project Management team and ensuring the high-quality standard of Project Management services. Right out of the gate you’ll be making an impact on existing or to-be-released game titles with AAA publishers. This position will work closely with the Head of Product Development, Head of Research and Development (R&D), and other cross-functional product teams within Amber to understand and deliver against Amber strategic goals and product initiatives.
- Oversee the Project Management organization spanning across the company;
- Grow the Project Management organization by interviewing, hiring and onboarding new project managers;
- Set up standards and best practices across different projects to promote an Agile and Lean methodology;
- Improve and adapt project management methodologies depending on project and partner needs;
- Offer coaching and career path guidance to all project managers;
- Give overall professional feedback and provide performance reviews;
- Work collaboratively with Art, Design, Development and QA lead to create, implement and iterate process and methodologies to achieve product and team success;
- Work with Amber Guild leads to identify and resolve all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the game teams from delivering the product on time, at quality and on budget;
- Attract, develop, inspire and lead high performing teams, creating a culture that motivates and retains talent required for product success.
Competencies & Skills
- 5+ years of project management expertise in the games industry
- Shipped a minimum of 1 free-to-play mobile game in a project manager role
- Experience effectively leading development teams (domestic, global, local, external, outsourced)
- Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics driven decision-making
- Strong project and people management skills
- Deep knowledge of Agile, PMP, Prince2
- Solid understanding of Live Operations and Games as a Service (GAAS)
- Passion and considerable experience playing games, knowledge of free-to-play mobile game systems;
- Excellent English oral/written communication and collaboration skills
- Servant leader
- Altruist personality, constantly seeking to help others
- Self-motivated and passionate about work
- Passionate about project management
- Demonstrates proactive decision making, ownership and high initiative
- Always looking for self-improvement
- Strong analytical thinker
- Enjoys an interactive and agile work environment and collaborates well with various work styles
- Creative and sharp business sense with exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments
What we offer:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
Amber is a game development agency built by a collective of artisans residing in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Bucharest, Botosani and Guadalajara, which delivers a reference solution for creative work in interactive entertainment. The agency offers a full range of turn-key product development solutions, including concept-to-delivery game production, live operations, co-development and studio services. Amber is structured as a network of studios with different specializations, which retains over 450 staff around the world. Established in 2013, the agency earned the trust of some of most important players in the games space, such Disney, NBC Universal, Paradox, Rovio, That Game Company, and Raw Fury, among many others.
Want to apply?
Send us your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org