Amber Creative Core is looking for a passionate, experienced Concept Artist to join our new project pitch team. This role calls for versatile art skills in a fast-paced iterative environment creating key visuals that fascinate, intrigue and inform internal and external clients.
- A wide and deep creative drive to make amazing work
- Create assets and textures in line with the project’s artistic and technical direction (references, documents, etc.)
- Determine the objects and environments required and adjust the work according to the story and the gameplay
- Able to fast learn technical constraints of platforms, engines and software
- Understand and apply aesthetic and graphic design principles developed for the project
- Use artistic references to improve visuals
- Able to micro plan and time estimate work
- Ability to understand the needs and stay within the style of the project
- Proficiently communicate with team members (Game Designers, Concept Artists, Art Directors), and other stakeholders
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Fine and commercial art training in illustration including: color theory, composition, art history, life drawing, character design, speed painting, sculpture, photography, industrial design, fashion, theater
- Experience in doing rapid paintovers and intentional concept art explorations
- 2D skills – Art tools like Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Procreate, etc.
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry as a concept or production artist
- 3D modeling, texturing, animation, architectural skills a plus Motion Graphics and video edit skills a plus
Required Application Materials:
- Reel or Portfolio demonstrating technical skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work-From-Home position for an undetermined period due to the current Covid-19 pandemic
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Generous flex days and flex hours.
- Vacation time.
- Highly competitive group insurance.
- Tele-Health services.
- Access to training and learning programs.