You will enjoy here a fresh and dynamic team where your ideas will be equally valued as your programming expertise.
Here at Amber, we are self-empowered, entrepreneurial business partners. We love working collectively and helping each other achieve greatness through our games. We constantly learn and improve ourselves because we aim high: we want to be the best. If you share our vision, join us!
As a Back-end Engineer, you will be working in cross-functional teams to design and implement high-performance back-end solutions for our awesome games.
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to define back-end strategy and architecture for our games
- Create and implement back-end deployment strategies
- Develop and maintain back-end solutions for high number of concurrent users and fast response times
- Actively participate in sprint planning meetings
- Ensure that all relevant parties are aligned on task specifications
- Constantly communicate with your teammates to flag and alleviate risks
- Help the team improve the game quality by eliminating waste from the development process
- Design, develop, deploy and monitor backend features and APIs for our games
- Create and maintain CI automated tests for the back-end solution
- Document system specifications
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of back-end architectural design and development experience
- Proficient with scalable server-side programming (concurrency / synchronization and distributed systems).
- Deep knowledge of database design and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of at least one cloud computing services like AWS, Azure or similar.
- Strong practical knowledge of current server technologies like REST, SOAP or similar.
- Strong knowledge of at least one mainstream server programming language like Python, C#, Java or NodeJS.
- Excellent level of English and French
- Team player
- Eager to develop yourself
- Passionate about back-end optimization and server quality
- Eager to explore new technologies
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with development on mobile platforms and for a high number of concurrent users
- Practical experience with the lifecycle of a user query, from request to an API endpoint, up to updating cold storages reliably and consistently
- Experience in collaborating with client-side engineers and implementing full-stack features (backend to client, end-to-end)
- Experience using Automated Test framework
- Experience with container management tools like Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure automation tolls like Terraform
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A diverse portfolio of worldwide games to work on
- An ideation team where you can bring your creative ideas which will be equally valued as your artistic expertise
- Professional and friendly work environment where you can make a difference
- Access to training and learning programs