Amber Creative Core is looking for an experienced Art Director with a deep passion for games and their connected disciplines of concept art, illustration, 3D and 2D game art, animation, UI/UX and graphic design. Join us!
The position will implement compelling project proposals from conceptualization to implementation, oversee the art team and collaborate with design to manifest visionary responses to RFPs, original concepts and internal projects.
Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining state-of-the-art art assets. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate and lead other artists across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary with maximum autonomy.
The ideal candidate has a good amount of experience leading art teams on ambitious projects and has the ability to lead, produce content and implement art with multiple teams operating simultaneously.
Primary Duties and Responsabilities:
- Be highly creative. Imagine and communicate your vision to the team to develop new content that players (and publishers) will love while evangelizing the game vision among the team;
- Developing and maintaining visual aesthetic throughout the product;
- Lead and direct a team of artists on pitch pods responding to RFPs for existing and original IP in a remote team while providing feedback and art critique;
- Think strategically about art and how it informs the player experience;
- Responsible for increasing quality of each team in the Creative Core organization through leadership, mentoring, hands-on individual contribution and feedback;
- Motivates the team, keeping artists focused, and efficiently devises solutions to mitigate art product risks;
- You work closely together with the product owner, programmers, game designers and creative director – Interpret the needs of all development disciplines such as design and engineering into amazing final artwork;
- Content – Able to produce artwork in multiple styles via expert knowledge of visual language and themes to provide directional benchmarks for the whole team;
- People – Evaluates, hires and manages all art disciplines and third parties/outsource. Develops leadership and empowers the team by sharing ownership and autonomy. Uses experience to help with scoping and risk management on projects from both a creative and technical point of view;
- Tech – Oversees the production of art tools, production pipelines, content creation. Has the technical knowledge required to realize the artistic vision. Identifies new tools and evaluates competing products for suitability/cost/use/etc. Has a thorough and broad technical understanding of assets and best practices.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals, multiple art styles, anatomy, appeal
- Mandatory excellent communication skills
- Experience as an art director or production designer in a game studio
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience on games
- The ability to adapt to and innovate new styles and techniques
- Strong knowledge in building design or environment art, as well as different art-styles, techniques, and workflows in game development
- Strong collaborative nature to partner with art guild leads and discipline leads
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of asset creation including modeling, texturing, animation, sprite production, UI and VFX
- Openness to learn new tools and game engines
- Deep understanding of art disciplines and their workflow
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of cultural, design, and business trends
- Strong leadership skills in order to lead a large number of people toward a singular vision
- Nuanced communication and leadership skills combined with a start-up mentality, determination and ownership for the product;
- A portfolio demonstrating previous work is required
- Passion for making and playing great games, demonstrating an awareness of current titles, genres, and industry trends
Nice to have:
- 3D, VFX, or Animation + Rigging experience at a game studio
- Experience creating and optimizing game art for PC/Console
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a Lead Artist or Art Director
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce and other Project Management Tools
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- A diverse portfolio of worldwide games to work on
- An ideation team where you can bring your creative ideas which will be equally valued as your artistic expertise
- Professional and friendly work environment where you can make a difference
- Access to training and learning programs
WANT TO APPLY TO THIS AWESOME JOB?
Send us your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org