The Art Director at Amber leads artists (2D, 3D) and animators from concept to ship date and is accountable for reviewing all technical and artistic assets with a keen eye towards quality.
- Collaborates at the concept stage with the producer and creative director to establish the visual style of the game;
- Heavily involved in every stage of a game’s development cycle being responsible for the highest quality art for the product (2D, 3D, animations);
- Gives input on the scope of the game and partners with senior staff to support the studios and business.
- Analyzes product needs and determines the art asset list, appropriate level of detail, and necessary personnel for a project;
- Through pre-production, leads the creation of storyboards, logos, user interfaces, character design, environments and all other visual material and concepts;
- Keeps a close eye on the art pipeline, constantly checking in with the team to monitor asset creation from both technical and aesthetic perspective;
- Tracks milestones and ensures that the team stays on schedule, critiques and reviews art when it comes in, gives notes for revision;
- Motivates the team, keeping artists focused, and efficiently devises solutions to mitigate art product risks;
- As both manager and mentor, identifies the strengths and weaknesses in the team and draws out the hidden potential of artists;
- Responsible for the continuous artistic growth of the art team members.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in game art or fine art
- +8 years’ experience in the game industry
- 2-3 games developed from concept to launch
- Strong artistic ability—drawing, painting, 3-D modeling and animation
- Significant technical knowledge in game development
- Proven record of effective management and superior artistic talent
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of asset creation including modeling, texturing, animation, sprite production, UI and VFX
- Ability to motivate others and maintain a positive professional attitude
- Superior communication skills
- Loves games across all platforms!
Required Application Materials:
- Reel or Portfolio demonstrating technical skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Easy-to-access headquarter located at Ciudad Creativa Digital.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.