We are looking for a passionate, results-driven and confident Financial Controller to join our Team
As our Financial Controller you will be responsible for managing and improving our organization’s financial performance and governing our accounting operations, undertaking all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, developing internal control policies and procedures. Your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency as a Financial Controller will aid our organization in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, achieving organizational targets, and developing financial plans that support organizational strategy.
- Manages all accounting day to day operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Coordinates the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and reports variances.
- Coordinates the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Supports month-end and year-end close processes.
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Complies with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation and advising management on needed actions.
- Manages cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Suggests updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing.
- Reviews all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Payroll payments and reimbursement of expense reports processing.
- Confers with upper management about budgeting and reviewing strategies to meet overall goals and objectives and assists the GM in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Maintains good corporate relations with customers, vendors, banking institutions, auditors, owner companies and other affiliates.
- Negotiates lines of credit and vendor agreements as needed.
- Reviews all financial terms of contracts, financing agreements and insurance policies.
- Coordinates audit processes.
- Supervises and manages financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants.
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Working experience as a Financial controller is preferred.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent knowledge of office technology, in particular mastery of Excel and databases.
- Experience in process optimization.
- Knowledge of contract law.
- Able to prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines while handling multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical skills and a flair for numbers.
- Critical thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Compliance oriented.
- Highly organized.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Honesty, integrity and reliability.
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
What we offer:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Easy-to-access headquarter located at Ciudad Creativa Digital.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
Amber is primed to support creative industries by offering a full range of turn-key product development and live service solutions. The company maintains four service pillars: game development, live operations, custom engineering and development support. Established in 2013, Amber is Romania’s largest independent game developer. It has over 400 staff in its studio and its team hails from some of the games industry’s leading companies, including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Gameloft, King, Bandai Namco, Disney and others. The company is headquartered in Bucharest, with outposts in Botosani, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Guadalajara.
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: email@example.com.