Engineering Guild Lead
As Engineering Guild Lead, you will play a central role in our mission to build the perfect environment where self-managed development teams can achieve the best quality games.
You will be leading the engineering team, fostering their self-development and enabling them to achieve a high quality standard. For your mission you can count on the full support of the leadership team.
- Holds the long term vision of the engineering team development
- Owns the long term strategy for engineering team development
- Mentors engineering team members in both soft and hard skills
- Removes impediments for the team members
- Constantly seeks to develop himself
- Builds consensus on technical best practices and enables the team to continuously improve them
- Is responsible for constant technical research and ensures teams are using the optimal technical stack
- Evangelizes Agile, converts team members to an Agile mind-set
- Understands and improves the game development cross-functional pipeline and life cycle
- Ensures optimal engineering staffing for the game development teams
- Acts as hiring manager for the engineering team, ensuring that candidates meet both the cultural profile and the necessary skill level for the job
- Identifies key missing roles and is responsible for their recruitment
- Upholds team cultural values through behavior, actions and processes
- Rallies the engineering team behind company mission
- Fosters a culture of transparency, empathy and vulnerability
- Sees failure as learning opportunity
- Provides technical expertise to the leadership team
- Transparently collaborates with Amber’s partners
- Understands business constraints and requirements and mitigates risks
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering leading role
- 10+ years of experience in game development
- Excellent understanding of at least one major game engine
- Deep knowledge of game development best practices
- Good understanding of the gaming industry
- Agile mind-set
- Eager to develop himself
What we offer:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Easy-to-access headquarter located at Ciudad Creativa Digital.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
Amber is primed to support creative industries by offering a full range of turn-key product development and live service solutions. The company maintains four service pillars: game development, live operations, custom engineering and development support. Established in 2013, Amber is Romania’s largest independent game developer. It has over 400 staff in its studio and its team hails from some of the games industry’s leading companies, including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Gameloft, King, Bandai Namco, Disney and others. The company is headquartered in Bucharest, with outposts in Botosani, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Guadalajara.
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org