Concept Character Artist
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Concept Character Artist to join our gaming art studio.
About the Role:
As a concept artist, you’ll need to:
- Create quick and detailed drawings and paintings of characters (including creation of thumbnails and wireframes)
- Use traditional and technological approaches to create designs in 2D through drawing and painting
- Efficiently interpret briefs
- Explain and pitch your ideas clearly to the client and design team
- Respond positively to client feedback
- Adapt and refine your work based on client response
- Maintain good communication with the client
- Be confident using creative software and technologies e.g. Photoshop, Maya, Painter
- Research topics and information for points of reference and ideas to use in your designs
- Create specification sheets, accurately noting dimensions and details for others to follow
- Meet strict deadlines.
Artistic background needed:
- 2D skills – Adobe Photoshop proficient (ability to create tillable and specific textures);
- Good notion of proportions and a good eye for the detail.
Nice to have technical skills
- Knowledge of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors is a plus
- Knowledge of other 2D software is considered a plus
- Knowledge of Z brush is considered a plus
- Experience in drawing
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry is considered a plus
- Leadership skills are considered a plus
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in crafting texture maps and materials
- Good hand painted texturing skill
- Ability to understand the needs of a project and stay within the style of the project
- Proficiently communicates with team members (Concept Artists, Art Directors), Production, Design and other departments
Required Application Materials:
- Reel or Portfolio demonstrating technical skills
- A diverse portfolio of projects in which you will be involved based on your skill set and desire for professional development
- An ideation team where you can bring your creative ideas which will be equally valued as your artistic expertise
- Great work environment, awesome people to work with
- An attractive salary package with private medical services and meal tickets
- Easy-to-access headquarter located in Charles de Gaulle Plaza
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org.