Chief Technology Officer
We’re innovation partners for creative industries. Are you up for the challenge?
Below are some specifics on what we’re looking for:
- You will oversee core/game tech groups and provide oversight to Technical Directors of each game franchise.
- You will oversee proprietary game tech (game engine and tools) development and customization, along with implementation of 3rd party tech for game development efforts.
- You will drive Amber’s evolution from game development agency to innovation partner, delivering blue ocean technology solutions for enterprise customers worldwide.
The ideal candidate has an intrinsic passion for achieving the best results, the drive to support their teammates in conquering the toughest challenges in the industry and is well-versed in the purpose and design of all game engine systems including rendering and real-time client-server multiplayer.
- Craft a long-term strategy for technology innovation, with an aim to establish Amber as an innovation partner to creative industries.
- Collaborate with project managers and technical leads to improve our development pipeline. Suggest and implement processes and tools that will help organize the engineering team; always think about how we can do better, improve our tech and workflows, and have high quality, reliable products.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and evaluates their applicability.
- Provide technical expertise to develop leading-edge technologies from start to finish: highly scalable architecture, best practices design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documentation, profiling, maintenance, and support.
- Recruit, train and mentor top talent, creating a world-class environment for engineering career development.
- Support Amber’s Business Development initiatives by providing technical insight into new product pitches, development risk/strengths evaluation, and driving recruiting and technical roadmap for innovation-type products.
- Support the academic standing of Amber by encouraging patent filings, white papers, technology research studies.
- Act as an evangelist for the company at developer conferences, industry events, external corporate communications, our clients.
- Report the state of technology with honesty and clarity to the team and senior leadership.
- Provide leadership to department heads while supporting the company’s culture, mission, and values.
- 10+ years of experience in technical leadership role.
- Expert understanding of currently used technologies and games and software industry, middleware and architecture choices, for both client and back-end applications.
- Experience working with proprietary or customized 3rd party Frameworks.
- Proven track record of success in leadership positions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to overall organizational performance and to a positive, creative work environment.
- Experience with AAA game title development or in creative industries.
- Ideally someone with “games-as-a-service” experience beyond just boxed product.
- Knowledge of current mobile platforms and technologies, including Unity and working with SaaS for connected platforms.
- An attractive salary, bonus and equity package
- Medical services package
- Professional and friendly working environment
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: email@example.com.