As a Back-end Engineer, you will be working in cross-functional teams to design and implement high-performance back-end solutions for our awesome games.
Here at Amber, we are self-empowered, entrepreneurial business partners. We love working collectively and helping each other achieve greatness through our games. We constantly learn and improve ourselves because we aim high: we want to be the best. If you share our vision, join us!
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to define back-end strategy and architecture for our games
- Create and implement back-end deployment strategies
- Develop and maintain back-end solutions for high number of concurrent users and fast response times
- Actively participate in sprint planning meetings
- Ensure that all relevant parties are aligned on task specifications
- Constantly communicate with your teammates to flag and alleviate risks
- Help the team improve the game quality by eliminating waste from the development process
- Design, develop, deploy and monitor backend features and APIs for our games
- Create and maintain CI automated tests for the back-end solution
- Document system specifications
- 3+ years of back-end architectural design and development experience
- Proficient with scalable server-side programming (concurrency / synchronization and distributed systems).
- Deep knowledge of database design and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of at least one cloud computing services like AWS, Azure or similar.
- Strong practical knowledge of current server technologies like REST, SOAP or similar.
- Strong knowledge of at least one mainstream server programming language like Python, C#, Java or NodeJS.
Nice to have
- Experience with development on mobile platforms and for a high number of concurrent users
- Practical experience with the lifecycle of a user query, from request to an API endpoint, up to updating cold storages reliably and consistently
- Experience in collaborating with client-side engineers and implementing full-stack features (backend to client, end-to-end)
- Experience using Automated Test framework
- Experience with container management tools like Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure automation tolls like Terraform
- Team player
- Eager to develop yourself
- Passionate about back-end optimization and server quality
- Eager to explore new technologies
What we offer:
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Easy-to-access headquarter located at Ciudad Creativa Digital.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
Amber is primed to support creative industries by offering a full range of turn-key product development and live service solutions. The company maintains four service pillars: game development, live operations, custom engineering and development support. Established in 2013, Amber is Romania’s largest independent game developer. It has over 400 staff in its studio and its team hails from some of the games industry’s leading companies, including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Gameloft, King, Bandai Namco, Disney and others. The company is headquartered in Bucharest, with outposts in Botosani, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Guadalajara.
Want to apply to this awesome job?
Send us your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org